Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Danish VO2 workout

After reading Rif's blog yesterday I decided to use Kennth Jay's :15/:15 protocol for my interval training today.

24kg snatches
46 sets of 7 reps per arm
15 sec on
15 sec off
322 snatches total in 22:45

There were a couple of sets of 8 reps in there, but who's counting?

This thing sneaks up on you. The first few sets were no big deal. The last few are sheer torture. I think that for a little bit I could get 50 sets, but today I stopped when I started getting sloppy & slow.

The protocol is for 16kg for men, but I felt pushy at the beginning.

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

it definitely do sneak up on you and the start is particularly understated.

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Hey Dave! Thanks for the shout. Good luck reaching your goal.You obviously know what to do:)