Tuesday, November 20, 2007

No Retreat

"Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to cut all sources of retreat. Only by doing so can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a burning desire to win - essential to success." Napoleon Hill

I ran across this quote today. I am reminded of the decision I made 2o-something lbs ago to subject myself to public scutiny as I began the quest of the Hard Loser.

I can only fail in the long term if I give up...quit. I know because I have done that many, many times.

I eliminated the possiblity of that by putting my professional reputation on the line and posting public pics of my overweight self. No retreat.

Today my bodyweight was 261, the lowest it has been in at least 8 or 9 years. I did 300 24kg snatches today in 15:27.

Thursday is Thanksgiving day, and Friday is my 38th birthday. I am in better shape and stronger now than ever in my life. And I am nowhere close to being done.

5 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

261 and dropping! Soon we'll be calling you the Ethiopian Senior RKC....well.....maybe not!

But you'll be one lean machine that's for sure!

Mark Reifkind said...

Well put. You only lose if you quit. Never quit.There is no standing still,you are either moving forwards or backwards. I choose to move forwards even if it is tiny steps and sometimes it looks like backwards!lol.
Happy T and B day bro.

Royce said...

Good job man. My dad says you only fail when you refuse to get up. I refuse to stay down. I refuse to stay down.

Royce said...

Wow I'm redundant, sorry.

Royce said...

Happy Thanksgiving dude!