Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dave Tate on Integrity



Dave is a super successful powerlifter, businessman and has shown an amazing ability to get lean.....pro-bodybuilder lean. He is the real deal.

I ran across this clip and had to share it.

I have met a lot of people who have built their business and/or lives around talking about how much other people suck, how they are frauds.

You'll hear them brag about their accomplishments, whether athletic, financial or otherwise. All in an effort to promote their own awesomeness. Usually it is a case of a scared little child behind a grandiose curtain, much like the Wizard of Oz.

Of fall the high level people I have ever known, the ones who show excellence and have had continued success are the ones who quietly demonstrate their integrity, rather that talk about it. You have to live it, or else it is all words and smoke and mirrors.

Alwyn Cosgrove told me "Be excellent and success is inevitable."

5 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

David, I'm going to steal Mr.Tate's quote, translate it into my language and post it to my Japanese blog.

So inspiring.

Jordan Vezina said...

That says it all right there. The problem is that the people who really need to hear it will just mock it.

Bob Garon II, Synergy Kettlebell Training said...

Despite some particular language the message is very clear. I appreciate you putting it up. I strive to be a person of integrity.

Integrity is defined, in my own words as, doing what is right when no one else is watching regardless of result or consequence.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Why is it that something can seem so simple yet so many struggle? Thanks for sharing that! :)